Crews restoring power in Wisconsin while Iowa airport tries to reopen after plane left icy runway

© ASSOCIATED PRESS

© ASSOCIATED PRESS
Two Palestinian children reportedly killed on Saturday as Israel continues its strikes after latest ceasefire
The Palestinian death toll has surpassed 70,000 since the Israel-Gaza war began, Gaza’s health ministry said on Saturday, while a hospital reported Israeli fire killed two Palestinian children in the territory’s south.
The toll has continued to rise after the latest ceasefire took effect on 10 October. Israel still carries out strikes in response to what it has called violations of the truce, and bodies from earlier in the war are being recovered from the rubble.
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Xinhua/Shutterstock

© Photograph: Xinhua/Shutterstock

© Photograph: Xinhua/Shutterstock










































New 16,000-seat venue running behind schedule
Test events pushed to January with no backup option
First Olympic hockey game still set for 5 February
There is no backup stadium if the main ice hockey arena for the Milan Cortina Winter Games is not ready on time.
Construction on the arena that is set to welcome NHL players back to the Olympics for the first time in more than a decade is behind schedule and its completion is going right down to the wire.
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP

© Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP

© Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP

















North Melbourne 9.2.56 defeat Brisbane 2.4.16 in grand final
Roos create history with first perfect VFL/AFL/AFLW season
North Melbourne have completed a perfect season and become the first AFLW team to win back-to-back premierships with a 40-point win over the Brisbane Lions in the grand final.
Ash Riddell starred in the Kangaroos’ 9.2 (56) to 2.4 (16) triumph at a sold-out Ikon Park on Saturday night, the league’s best-and-fairest winner breaking yet another record with 39 disposals.
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Daniel Pockett/Getty Images

© Photograph: Daniel Pockett/Getty Images

© Photograph: Daniel Pockett/Getty Images






© Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

© ASSOCIATED PRESS






Trump administration says decisions paused until government can ensure ‘every alien is vetted and screened to the maximum degree possible’
The Trump administration has announced it is halting all asylum decisions in the wake of the National Guard shooting in Washington DC, according to a senior immigration official.
Joseph Edlow, the director of US Citizenship and Immigration Services, said in a post on X on Friday that asylum decisions would be paused “until we can ensure that every alien is vetted and screened to the maximum degree possible”.
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Alex Brandon/AP

© Photograph: Alex Brandon/AP

© Photograph: Alex Brandon/AP


















